DEI & You Consulting is fully aware of data protection regulations. Accordingly, we want to strive to make all the information provided about data processing operations carried out on our website as clear and accessible as possible, whether these operations are carried out after you make a contact request, sign up for our newsletter, or submit an application or a brief.
This policy also reflects DEI & You Consulting’s principles regarding confidentiality and data security. Data processing is crucial for our work, so it is essential for DEI & You Consulting that data processing operations are carried out securely and in accordance with your wishes.
1. Who collects your data?
When collecting its contacts’ personal data via its website, DEI & You Consulting assumes the role of data controller and collects this data directly. DEI & You Consulting’s head offices are at:
DEI & You Consulting
273 Chaussée de Louvain
DEI & You Consulting is a Limited Liability Company (SRL – Société à Responsabilité Limitée) registered in Belgium under the number BE 0763408113.
2. What personal data do we collect from you?
Information automatically collected
Some information — such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Personal information you disclose to us (via diverse ways)
We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, and nickname; email addresses; business email; Location (City, State, Country); and other similar data.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Personal data sent via our contact section
The personal data sent via our contact section, namely your first name(s) and surname(s), your e-mail address and/or your telephone number, your job and the name of your company, are provided so that we may identify you and contact you to form the best possible understanding of your needs.
When you agree to send your personal data to DEI & You consulting, you also agree to allow DEI & You consulting to use this data for the aforementioned purposes.
Personal data sent via our application sections
Any personal data sent via our application submission section, namely your first name(s) and surname(s), your e-mail address, your CV and your covering letter, are provided so that we may analyse your application as accurately as possible and contact you to inform you of the next steps in our recruitment process.
This section also gives you the option to send us a message of your choice. DEI & You Consulting reminds you that in no circumstances is it mandatory to complete this field in order to send us a valid application. However, if you choose to take up this option, it is entirely up to you what information you communicate in this field.
Personal data sent via the newsletter sign-up section
When you submit your e-mail address and your name in order to receive our newsletter, DEI & You Consulting undertakes to use this data only for the stated purpose. You will be able to unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link in each newsletter.
3. What is your data used for?
Your data is used for the following purposes:
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
- enabling DEI & You Consulting to address your requests and to respond to your messages;
- sending e-mail newsletters: provide you with content related to DEI & You Consulting products, services and activities via e-mail;
- enabling content downloads related to DEI & You Consulting products, services and activities (e.g. white papers…);
- personalizing your website visit: customize content and recommend content on this website based on your interests and preferences;
Deliver the services to the user: We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
Marketing: carrying out direct marketing, promotional communications, market research and surveys, via e-mail, SMS, over the phone, through push notifications/pop-up banners, instant messaging, through an operator, through social media pages, regarding DEI & You Consulting products, services and activities; We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “9-What are your privacy rights?” below).
Profiling: creating a profile of you, by collecting and analyzing information on the preferences you select and choices you make, as well as your general activities on this Website, to be able to provide you with relevant content, offers and services related to DEI & You Consulting products, services and activities;
Security: guaranteeing the security of this Website.
The provision of your personal data is optional. Should you decide not to provide your personal data, DEI & You Consulting may be unable to provide you such requested services.
4. How long is your data stored?
All data collected via our contact sections are kept only for the length of time needed to achieve the purpose(s) for which they are stored.
The data sent via the contact or brief sections will be either deleted immediately if we cannot proceed with your contact request or kept for the duration of our collaboration and for up to 5 to 10 years after it ends.
In the case of a job application, DEI & You Consulting informs you that the information you send may be kept for a maximum of two years in its CV library. After two years, you will be asked to renew your consent to its storage.
Similarly, the data collected via the contact or brief sections may be kept for up to 5 years after they are received if they may potentially be of interest to DEI & You Consulting in the longer term.
The data collected when you sign up to the newsletter will be kept unless you withdraw your consent to our using it to send you the newsletter. An unsubscribe link is provided in every newsletter.
5. Who can access your data?
Your data may only be accessed by competent people who need to access it in order to process it effectively.
DEI & You Consulting will never sell your data. Your data will only ever be communicated to a third party with your consent, in order to improve your experience of our website or for the implementation of a contract previously signed with you.
6. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
In the context of such processing, the recipients of all or part of your personal data will be the personnel of DEI & You Consulting and other entities working with the company in charge of the communication and the marketing, as well as some personnel of third parties, in charge of the hosting and maintenance of the Website, all such recipients being located within the European Economic Area (EEA) and abroad.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
8. How do you exercise your rights?
When you agree to send us your data you are entitled to access, rectify and erase this data, and to object to its processing.
These rights may be exercised by sending your request by e-mail to our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
In any case, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. (see the “9-What are your privacy rights?”)
DEI & You Consulting undertakes to take the necessary action as soon as possible after receipt of your request and to, if applicable, send you a notification of its action.
If you sign up to our newsletter, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link available in every newsletter.
Modification of this policy
9. What are your privacy rights?
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/items/612080.